Monday, December 24, 2012

TO THE CANINES WHO HAVE MADE ME MERRY...



To all of you who have wagged your tails when you saw me – whether you knew me or not.

To all of you who tore through wrapping paper to get to a new toy, which you promptly ignored and ripped, instead, the tissue paper to the tiniest, most festive shreds.

To all of you who stayed by my side during the year, even on my less cheerful days.

To all of you who knew the gravy drippings atop your evening meal were payment received for the torture of the sweet aroma of a 12 pound bird slow roasting in the oven all day long.

To all of you who warm our feet at night. Who claim your rightful place on our laps. Who yodel when we return home, whether we have been gone mere minutes or days. Who offer a paw, a tummy, a tilt of the head, a loving gaze, a sigh.

To all of you who keep Christmas in your heart the whole year 'round.

I thank you. Simply. And happily.


1 comment:

  1. To all the dogs i've loved before, who've travelled in and out my door;
    i'm glad they came along
    i dedicate this song
    to all the dogs i've loved before.

    ReplyDelete