Friday, November 9, 2012

SOME WHIDBEY RESIDENTS and THE DOGS WHO LOVE 'EM


To get our blog up and running, we put an ad on Whidbey Island's version of Craigslist. It read something to the effect of:

DOG OWNERS: You know we all LOVE to talk about our dogs, right? I have started a new dogblog: WHIDBEYDOGS.blogspot.com. Have a look! And, I would like to include your thoughts and observations along with pictures of your dogs; heck I'll even include your dog's thoughts and observations! And not just in the comment section, but in the body of the blog. It's like a fun group project, which I think will provide some interesting reading to dog lovers on the island. No hidden agenda; this isn't one of my million dollar ideas, or anything. I simply love dogs and like to hear stories from other people who share their lives with them.

Well, in fact, that is exactly how it read; I just cut and pasted it from the ad. I even bribed people, by saying I would donate $1 to drewslist for every reply. (Note to self: get that check off today.) I heard from a few nice people, but Drew won't be buying a Ferrari any time soon, that's for sure. (I don't even know if he wants one, so maybe that's a good thing.)  However!  As I am one to always strive for the Pollyanna side of life, it's a new blog, out of billions and billions out there on the internet, right? But it's the only one for dogs and their owners here on beautiful Whidbey Island.  If it grows, WOOF!  If not, I'm still having fun.

And here, from one of the first responders, Rita, and the dog who shares her home:

This is Ripley, posing at Whidbey State Park.  Isn't she a beaut'?  

Ripley is a 9-yr-old Rhodesian RIdgeback who offers us unconditional love -- all the time, no matter what!  She is always willing to go for a walk or a ride, never giving the "I'm not in the mood" excuse that humans might use. She enjoys just sitting in the sun, smelling the air -- showing us how simple the experience of true joy really is. She's thrilled at breakfast time, thrilled at dinner time,  loves drive-up coffee places, Ace Hardware & the Country Store. Loves hiking, and the beaches. -- And she demonstrates to us every day how the simple things in life can bring so much happiness.

Ripley is not just a dog; she's a key member of our family and the entire focus of everything we do.  Not one decision is made without taking her needs into consideration.  We love her unconditionally as well, having learned how to do that from her.  For us, a house without dog hair is an unhealthy environment.

Barking for Starbucks!


Unconditional LOVE.  There's just nothing finer.  More in our next post from other Whidbey-ites and the dogs who love 'em.  

No comments:

Post a Comment